I read a series of scary stories in two sentences recently that I really liked. I thought I would try my hand at seeing if I could also use such brevity to tell something powerful. This ultra short flash fiction can be really interesting if used properly and I hope you enjoy. If you follow my twitter feed, I am including a sixth two sentence story there.
- The smell of cooking meat drew me back to reality. In that moment between distance and awareness, I just briefly forgot I was what was cooking.
- The dog woke me licking my face, so I shoved it aside and rolled away. My eyes opened as I was licked again only to see her dog cowering in the other corner of the room.
- She was giggling especially loud today. What does a dead girl find so funny?
- All she really wanted was a bath to wash away the mud. Her family ran screaming when her corpse shambled through the door.
- Swatting him for rubbing her thigh, she grumbled, “I said I have a headache.” In response he only snored.